“As a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, it’s important to empower my patients and provide them with the best possible care.”Dr. Sara Celik, ND
The following health services are provided by Dr. Sara.
Naturopathic Medicine Services and Programs
- Telemedicine / Virtual Healthcare (if you live in Ontario, please book a virtual appointment)
- In Person Naturopathic Medicine Consultations (in person visits are in Toronto, but are not available at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Nutrition Analysis & Personalized Meal Plans
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) & Fertility Acupuncture (not available at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Botanical & Herbal Medicine Protocols
- Nutraceutical Consultations and Professional Supplement Prescriptions
- Hormonal Balancing Programs
- Customized Detoxification Programs and Weight Loss Programs
- 90 Day Egg Quality Program for Women Trying to Conceive
- 75 Day Sperm Quality Program for Male Partners
- Lifestyle Medicine & Stress Management Programs
- Pre-Conception Fertility Counselling and Programs
Lab tests are typically done at Lifelabs. However, some lab tests may be done at home like the Saliva Hormone Test. Tests help guide us throughout the course of treatment and I rely on tests for information about your health.
A variety of Lab Tests are offered. For instance:
- Hormone Test (DUTCH test)
- Fertility Test & Miscarriage Risk Test (e.g. AMH, FSH and Homocysteine)
- Food Sensitivity Test (IgG test)
- Stool Test (e.g. to assess Gut Health)
- Celiac Disease Test
- Organic Acids Test (OATs)
- Autoimmune Test
- Inflammation Test
- Nutrient Test
- Candida Yeast Test
In addition, previous lab work may be requested from your Medical Doctor with your consent.
Certainly, it is hard to improve your health if you are not eating nutritious foods. This is why I provide patients with nutrition plans that may include meal plans, healthy recipes, and helpful resources.
Wondering if I can help you?
In my 15 years of practice, I have helped patients with a variety of health concerns such as Digestive Issues, Food Allergies, and Skin Problems. However, my primary focus is in the area of Women’s Health, Hormones, and Fertility.
If you are unsure if I’m the right Naturopathic Doctor for you, schedule a FREE Alignment Call. This is an opportunity for you to ask me questions to see if we’re aligned.
You can book your FREE Alignment Call by clicking here.
To learn more about Naturopathic Medicine, please see below.
Naturopathic Medicine combines the wisdom of nature with modern science.
Contrary to what some believe, Naturopathic Medicine is evidence-based and most of what I do in practice is based on clinical research.
Naturopathic Doctors are regulated health care professionals and are licensed under the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA). To clarify, our licensing body (CONO) ensures that we have the knowledge, skills and judgment so that we can care for our patients safely and effectively.
We are also trained to work with other health professionals and offer collaborative care to our patients.
Naturopathic Doctors have a University degree in addition to four-years of science-based naturopathic medical education.
There are 6 Underlying Principles of Naturopathic Medicine
1) First do no harm:
The #1 principle taught in Naturopathic Medical school is to first do no harm. Therefore, I respect your body’s natural ability to heal itself and I use a gentle approach in practice.
2) The healing power of nature:
Your body’s healing process is intelligent and I believe in the healing power of nature. Nature has provided us with herbal medicine, whole foods, and the tools needed to achieve better health. My role is to facilitate the healing process and help you achieve your goals.
3) Identify and treat the cause:
I focus on identifying and treating the root cause. The quick-fix band aid solution merely masks symptoms.
Looking to treat the root cause of your health concerns, click here to get started.
4) Heal the whole person:
True health requires the big picture approach. Medical Doctors (MDs) typically focus on treating symptoms with medication. This is a focused approach however it does not consider the big picture.
As a Naturopathic Doctor, I spend a great deal of time with patients in order to address all aspects of their health.
Each person is unique. I advocate for PERSONALIZED HEALTHCARE and look at the big picture.
Your initial assessment (60 minutes) includes a review of:
- nutritional status
- current lifestyle
- family history
- environmental factors
- emotional well-being
- physical health
5) Naturopathic Doctor as teacher:
Firstly, the doctor is a teacher. Secondly, the doctor’s role is to encourage patients to take responsibility for their own health.
Empowering and motivating patients to advocate for their own health is a top priority.
The ultimate goal is prevention of disease. I always tell patients that working together is not just about achieving their goals. It’s also about preventing future heath issues.
Without a thorough investigation, health conditions are often undiagnosed. They may even be ignored. Early diagnosis leads to better outcomes and happier patients.Dr Sara Celik, ND